Saturday, December 20, 2008

Updates Bikes



It has been a bit quiet of late at Motorcycle Paradise due in part to rain washing out a couple of planned big rides and general life interfering with riding.

Anyway stand by for some new roads once I can get a clear sunday.

In the meantime there has been plenty of new 2009 motorcycles released which no doubt everyone has seen posted to the various sites that focus on posting news and photos of any new models.

To be honest most of the new motorcycles this season have been of little interest to me. The Japanese sports bikes are as usual all lighter and faster which has long ago become meaningless on public roads and really only of value to those who paper race hp figures.

These 60's scrambler themed bikes are a bit bemusing. Does anyone actually ride scrambler style these days, I mean we have proper road trail and adventure bikes now so a totally road bias bike mounted with spoked rims with knobby tyres, the front being a 19" is going to be awkward either on or off road.

So of the rest here is some new models that made me stop and actually take a look at. Firstly a couple that I wondered WTF were they thinking: This BMW scrambler is the best of the bunch , B-King in white looks even worse that it allready did and this new Husqvarna supermotard is horrible.







The 2009 RC8 from KTM is the best looking bike I have seen come from this maker who refuses to release models with mainstream design.




Two new models I like, both from Ducati who must by now have the most comprehensive naked motorcycle range of any manufacturer.





I see the new Monsters have been influenced by the MV Agusta Brutale quite noticeably with the dual vertical headlight shape and instrument pod and mirrors. The new Streetfighter in Pearl White has potential once you cleaned up those exhausts however I want to move away from expensive to maintain motorcycles thus I don't think I would own another Italian.

And lastly I am still looking for a decent photo of the 2009 Buells and Harley Vrod Muscle, in the mean time these may have to do.




0 comments: